Passionate about his craft, Chef Greg Hozinsky uses seasonally inspired and locally grown ingredients to compliment his fresh and rustic culinary approach at The Strand House. He credits the progress of his career to his early discovery of his passion for cooking.
- Based on his deep respect for farm-fresh ingredients, Chef Greg was selected to be a member of the Norwegian Seafood Council’s Culinary Board in 2014. He participated on a weeklong culinary enrichment trip to Norway where he was able to see the thriving seafood industry firsthand. Upon returning, he promoted Norwegian Salmon and Skrei on his menu, highlighting the unique attributes of each species.
- In 2012, he was named one of Zagat’s “30 Under 30: LA’s Hottest-Up-and-Comers.”
- Greg started at The Strand House, in 2012, after three and a half years at Shade Hotel.
- A the age of 22, Greg became the Executive Chef at Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach, a Zislis Group Property.
- Hozinsky became Chef de Cuisine at Frascati in Palos Verdes.
- He worked at Avenue in Manhattan Beach and was promoted to Sous Chef at the age of 21.
- He returned to his native Southern California for externships at the House of Blues Foundation Room and Valentino’s in Santa Monica. He was also a private chef in Beverly Hills.
- He began working under Michael Mina at Aqua in San Francisco, CA.
- In 2003, Greg graduated from California Culinary Academy in San Francisco, CA.